Chronology

1871 The building of the railway station led to the building of a “Railway Cafe”.

1931 Emil Will, a butcher in Scheer, bought the cafe for his son Josef.

1973 The café was taken over by his son Hans together with his wife Margret and after a complete rebuild, it was renamed as the “Restaurant Donaublick”.

1984 The Will family decided to build the conservatory as the restaurant capacity had been outstripped by demand. It was equipped with an open fire and furnished with a loving attention to detail.
Three of their four children opted for a career in gastronomy and were trained in Kurhotel “Traube” in Tonbach.

May 1988 The ticket hall of the Scheer railway station was put up for sale. Manuela Kerner, the oldest daughter of the house recognised the opportunity to establish a hotel and thus to extend the range of hospitality offered.

Nov 1988 Thomas Will, a trained butcher and cook, ran the parental business after gaining experience in a number of posts both in Germany and abroad.

1989 The hotel was opened with 8 guest rooms.

1994 Hans and Margret Will decided to pass the restaurant on to the next generation and to open the Bacchusstube in one of the side buildings (the goods shed) of the former railway station.

Jul 1994 Thomas Will and Erika Schedel took over the restaurant.

1999 The hotel was extended with an additional floor and 7 new guest rooms and the breakfast room was extended with a conservatory.

2003 The childrens’ play area was considerably extended and in the same year the first award of “family friendly” restaurant was achieved (at the time the only one in the borough of Sigmaringen).

2004 The restaurant kitchen was thoroughly renovated.

Autumn 2004 A block-type power generator was built into the kitchen to provide ecofriendly power and heat generation.

2009 Complete redesign of the outside areas.

2010 The exterior of the main hotel building was completely renovated and the entrance area was extended with an elegant foyer.
The garden terrace of the restaurant was completely rebuilt using natural materials from the Danube valley and it was lovingly decorated with original and “historical” elements.

2011  In addition to an extension on the right of the main building, one was added on the left and thus the hotel was enlarged. From this point on accommodation can be offered for 60 people. The entire project was designed in accordance with the principles of classical Feng Shui. The building was further enhanced with a lobby, a garden terrace and an area for sun recliners. The rebuild was completed with the extension and redesign of the breakfast room and the reception area.

2012 New design of the bar area as well as modernisation of the original restaurant.

2014 Another floor of Feng Shui rooms was added. After the tremendous response to rebuild of the hotel in 2011, we have provided another floor with new rooms and so improved our offer for our guests. We look forward to accommodating you in our new rooms.

With our facilities spread over a generous area, a large childrens’ play area and a considerable car park area we look forward to welcoming you as a guest in the Hotel-Restaurant and Bacchusstube Donaublick.


Welcome
Margret Will, Senior Manager, Landlady of the Bacchusstube and founder of the Donaublick.
Family Kiemer, daughter of the house and owner of the Donaublick Hotel.
Family Will/Schedel, son of the house and owner of the Donaublick Restaurant.